Tuesday, August 2, 2011

stamped

I am at a loss. I am simply at a loss.

Through God's mercy and grace will I reach the dawn on the steady wings of gratefulness. This gratefulness becomes my joy.

I recognize my circumstances as less than pleasant but dare not give way to grumbling. I thank God for breath. I thank God for tears. I thank God for all the random alley cats over the years that I keep befriending. I thank God for melody. I thank God for a clean glass of water. I thank God for the smell of Christmas. I thank God for the way my face feels after I shave.

I am down and out but still moving. I fall and get up and fall and get up. I tell fear to go to hell where it came from. I trust in God's goodness and sovereignty and not my own knowledge of things.

"To be grateful for an unanswered prayer, to give thanks in a state of interior desolation, to trust in the love of God in the face of the marvels, cruel circumstances, obscenities, and commonplaces of life is to whisper a doxology in darkness." -Brennan Manning, Ruthless Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment