Sunday, July 31, 2011

daily bread

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and
do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment
to your bones*."

-Proverbs 3:5-8
*I love verses that mention "bones" for some reason; hence, my tagline or whatever.

The promise and the peace.

At the end of this post is a podcast sermon from Ecclesia Church in Houston, TX. Scott Erickson, a mutual friend I met through my brother, is the resident artist for the church and has worked with some other great artists across the globe. The message is entitled "Trust the Character of Jesus" and I hope it finds a place in you. The proverb at the beginning of this post is another verse on trust, one of many that the Lord keeps hammering upon my heart. I'm thankful for a God who works hearts and heads that hurt like mine.

http://ecclesiahouston.org/mp3/2011/20110724_1100_ScottErickson.mp3


oh, and p.s.- i love the guy's voice at the beginning of each podcast, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment