Thursday, May 19, 2011

holy reinstatement

I just finished a great book today by Martin Smith, the co-founder/lead singer of a band called Delirious?. I won't rant too much about how much I loved the book (which I did), but instead I'll just mention one small part of the book towards the end that really stuck with me.

"When all around is moving and shifting and the future is uncertain, there's no need to panic. If we find Jesus we will be so enthralled, so content that we'll forget that we're in transition anyway. If we have Him inside our lives, then the good we worried about will lose its appeal in the light of His face [...]. In the same way, I'm learning that God doesn't want my voice--He just wants my heart. He just wants me [...]. When we put down our desire to impress God and allow Him to invade our hearts, everything can change."

I hope this resonates with others just as it has with me. That's His will, He just wants us. That's the only thing that matters. If we draw near, He'll do the rest. Sanctification will come; we've got to get to His feet first.

Enjoy the day. Enjoy what's offered. Enjoy the risen King. Enjoy His goodness and mercy and grace.

Let's delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment